Gastric Balloon or Gastric Binding for weight loss?
How many times have you googled how to lose weight? or what's the fastest most efficient way to lose weight. Even some people will be radical in their searches and google:
How to lose 20 kgs in a month. And while the suggested diet results may vary, we can all agree that no diet will ever give you the desired result in such a short period. Fortunately, modern medicine offers us alternatives for diets which are weight loss procedures that help in achieving the desired result. In this article, we introduce to you the various famous procedures of losing weight in detail.
there are two mechanisms for weight loss surgeries:
Restrictive surgeries: work by shrinking the size of the stomach and slowing down digestion. A normal stomach can hold about three pints of food. After surgery, the stomach may at first hold as little as an ounce, although later that could stretch to 2 or 3 ounces. The smaller the stomach, the less you can eat. The less you eat, the more weight you lose.
Malabsorption Surgery is used to shorten or bypass part of the small intestine, which reduces the number of calories and nutrients the body absorbs.
intragastric balloon placement is a weight-loss procedure that involves placing a saline-filled silicone balloon in your stomach. This helps you lose weight by limiting how much you can eat and making you feel fuller faster.
The intragastric balloon procedure may be an option if you have concerns about your weight, and diet and exercise haven't worked for you.
Like other weight-loss procedures, an intragastric balloon requires a commitment to a healthier lifestyle. You need to make permanent healthy changes to your diet and get regular exercise to help ensure the long-term success of the procedure.
- No Major Surgery – Less Invasive
- No Cutting, Stomach Stapling, Stomach Removal, or
- Temporary (Reversible)
- Limited Risks and Side Effects
- Possible weight gain after removed
- May cause discomfort
- Diet and exercise regimen required to be truly effective
- Risk of rupture, especially if it stays in the stomach longer.
- Bowel obstruction due to the migration of an IGB
Gastric banding is a surgical treatment for obesity. These kinds of interventions are known as bariatric surgery. The procedure constricts the stomach so that a person feels full after eating less food than usual.
The advantages of gastric banding include:
- the possibility of long-term weight loss
- relatively rapid recovery
- smaller chance of wound infections and hernias after surgery
- reduced risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, urinary incontinence, and other conditions related to excess weight
- no loss of nutrient absorption
- improved quality of life after surgery in many cases
- Your weight loss may be less dramatic than with gastric bypass. The average loss is 40% to 50% of your excess weight -- although not in everybody.
- You may regain some of the weight over the years.
- This type of surgery has a higher rate of re-operation.
There is no doubt that this comparison leaves you confused and worried about the best option for your weight loss solution.
Luckily our platform allows you to connect with UAE's most skilled and experienced doctors.
to book your next appointment, click here.
Ask a Specialist! Login/Register To Ask
Comments Not Found !